Re: [Asrg] Some data on the validity of MAIL FROM addresses

2003-05-20 16:19:37
At 04:35 PM 5/20/2003 -0400, Daniel Feenberg wrote:
Does everyone doing wrong have to work so hard to entice others into sin
as some members of this list are wont to do?

Accept and discard is a very bad system. I understand that some software
will do content filtering no other way, but that doesn't make it worthy
of advocacy.

To both the devils and the angels :)

Practically speaking, both accept and discard, and reject at SMTP level will be around for a while. It is highly unlikely that the entire Internet will move over to one or the other. Additionally, both have their pros and cons, and its upto to the specific system admin to figure out which one is better. We as ASRG, must account for both.

Yakov