Re: RE: [Asrg] Some data on the validity of MAIL FROM addresses

2003-05-20 09:32:38
At 4:25 PM +0100 5/20/03, Jon Kyme wrote:
Sorry, what? Your justification for not doing BCP is that it's
"non-trivial" to do it on the software you've chosen?

There are far more reasons to choose a piece of software than just
it's external interface.

I can't imagine a good technical reason for picking software that makes it
practically impossible to do the job to the same standard as BCP, given the
choice that exists.
I know there are often good political reasons why these irrational choices
are made - that's a somewhat different matter.

Anyway (back to the original point), Hotmail seems to do better than Yahoo
on the specific issue (response to RCPT TO <non-existent-rcpt>) we were
discussing. It's clear that some operators can do this on very large
distributed systems. Others can't - or won't.