RE: RE: [Asrg] Some data on the validity of MAIL FROM addresses

2003-05-20 09:11:18

Sorry, what? Your justification for not doing BCP is that it's
"non-trivial" to do it on the software you've chosen?

Actually, I don't run those software packages I mentioned.  But yes, that's
not even a justification from the companies I've worked with..it's a fact
that they don't have the skills or people with the skills to manage these
systems and put together a BCP multi-tiered system architecture that
performs rejects rather than bounces...but then again, I'm hoping it keeps
me employed.

Is it just me, or is this completely arse upwards?

It's absolutely arse-upwards.  People don't know how to deal with spam.
It's very difficult to handle in large companies.  AOL receives nearly a
billion spam per week...that's non-trivial.