Re: RE: RE: [Asrg] Some data on the validity of MAIL FROM addresses

2003-05-21 07:38:24
over 300,000 distinct inbound DATA transactions,

Had they been one-recipient-per-transaction
it would have been slightly more than 500,000 DATA transactions.

between 15% and 43% of the inbound traffic having multiple recipients.

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to produce these interesting
statistics.

Part of that may well be due to our userbase (lots of people signed up
to many, many mailing lists).

I think I might have  a strange set of users.
I'd be interested to see figures from other sources.

I checked my working and it still looks good (1.7% on 250000 messages).

Oh hang on...
it occurs to me that this won't go linearly. D'oh! The more mailboxes you
have, the higher the probability that more than 1 of them will be on the
same list. I wish I could remember any maths - this is a "ball and cell"
problem isn't it?