RE: [Asrg] Some data on the validity of MAIL FROM addresses

2003-05-21 19:40:36
On Wednesday, May 21, 2003 10:41 AM, Vernon Schryver
[SMTP:vjs(_at_)calcite(_dot_)rhyolite(_dot_)com] wrote:
8<...>8
Regardless of heat, this mailing list must address the issue of whether
filtering SHOULD (in the special meaning of RFC 2119) be done during
the SMTP transaction.  If we can't reach consensus on such a fundamental
and simple issue, then this mailing list is distinctly worse than useless.

I agree.  I have been closely following this thread.  Though I won't at this
point go into a diatribe concerning why, if anyone wants to discuss it hit me
off-list. If there were a specific proposal associated with this concept, I
certainly would be strongly leaning toward the idea that on this issue of where
filtering as a mechanism to address RECEIVING spam is placed, is a SHOULD.

-e