RE: [Asrg] Some data on the validity of MAIL FROM addresses

2003-05-21 19:40:41
On Wednesday, May 21, 2003 2:32 PM, Justin Mason
[SMTP:jm(_at_)jmason(_dot_)org] wrote:
8<...>8
BTW, it would be instructive if someone who has access to one, and the
know-how to decompile it, could examine its sending code and indicate
whether it uses randomly-generated addresses, or a static list of existing
ones loaded from a config file, for the addresses used in the MAIL FROM
SMTP command and From: header.

You nailed it. That's where I am coming from exactly, I can do the forensics,
or aid in decompilation and disassembly of it, however the key is to gain
possession of some known working examples, and unfortunately (or fortunately
for me) I have not had to 'deal with the zombies'.  In any event, if some code
should become available I would be interested in developing the 'spamware'
taxonomy.  Thanks for the search pointers J.

-e