Re: RE: [Asrg] Some data on the validity of MAIL FROM addresses

2003-05-21 05:36:16

 b) The amount of horse power needed to process mail increases.  Our
    stats show that roughly 40% of our inbound SMTP connections refer
    to multiple recipients.

And another thing (sorry) how much of this is spam?

We're a pretty small mail system - I had a quick look at a
(I hope representative) set of 50000 incoming messages.
We delivered these to 12843 mailboxes
774 (1.5%) had multiple recipients.

Of course many of these distinct messages will have come down the same
*connection*. There's no possiblity that there's confusion here is there?

This is so much at odds with the figures you report that I'm going to
really (no, really this time) check my script.