RE: [Asrg] This mail list has been hacked

2003-05-23 12:47:53
As Karl pointed out the mailing list archives are accessible. The webpage
that lists the group members is not accessible.

Clearly, the term 'hacked' was a bit of a stretch. Yes, the archives may
have been visited by a crawler.

I do not think there is anything else to add to this thread.

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Kraft [mailto:karl(_at_)nfox(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 3:29 PM
To: Jed Margolin
Cc: Asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [Asrg] This mail list has been hacked

All hail the mystical mighty hacker who knows how to visit a
web page.
It was most likely leaked, not hacked

https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/
msg04960.html

Or perhaps he got it from this one:

https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/
msg00881.html

Three can keep a secret if two are dead.

On Thursday, May 22, 2003, at 20:28 US/Central, Jed Margolin wrote:

Well, it's finally happened.

I have received my first spam sent to the email account I sent up just
for
this list.

It's from  "Dr Kamal Oseni" <ka_oseni(_at_)mailsurf(_dot_)com>.

Did anyone else get it?

It looks bad if the world's Internet experts can't even keep their own
mailing list from getting hacked (harvested?) by spammers.

JM