Re: ADV: (was Re: [Asrg] Article - New anti-spam proposal in the House of Representative)

2003-05-25 20:58:50
On Friday, May 23, 2003, at 17:41 US/Eastern, Kee Hinckley wrote:
At 3:27 PM -0400 5/23/03, Yakov Shafranovich wrote:
solicitation. There is no requirement for an "ADV:" notice in the subject line, which other proposals would mandate. If the recipient chooses to

I've never seen the point of ADV. If all commercial mail uses it, then it's not good to block just based on it--in which case the spammers will use it too, in order to make themselves look legit.

The point of ADV is it would let me block all commercial mail from entities not in my whitelist.

Which would be just fine by me.

Though I think adding non-internationalized text to the subject line is a dumb way to implement it; it should be a new header.

mathew