RE: [Asrg] C/R Interworking Framework

2003-05-28 06:53:27

I meant mail headers as defined in RFCs 822 and 2822. A MIME header I
believe can be used anywhere inside the message body in any part of the
message if the message if multi-formed. RFC 822 headers are only used on
the entire message body.

Hmm..yes, that would seem more appropriate.

Perhaps we should leave enough room or provide some form of an extension
mechanism where in implementations can provide their own ways for
validating the responses while leaving the basic CRI protocol
intact. This
would allow all C/R systems to interoperate and leave room for people to
piggy-back various systems on top of the basic CRI protocol.

That's an excellent way to put it.  Whatever we do, we should not be in
conflict with other methods.