[Asrg] Re: Brad Templeton's C/R Guidelines

2003-05-29 09:25:56
Yakov Shafranovich <research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com> writes:

Here is a list of C/R guidelines compiled by Brad Templeton, who
wrote one of the early C/R systems (from
http://www.templetons.com/brad/spam/challengeresponse.html).

FWIW, TMDA (http://tmda.net) already does all of these things, and has
for some time.  I feel it's the most robust and standards aware C/R
system available.

Back in 1997 I wrote what is probably the first of the
challenge/response (C/R) spam-blocking systems.

Well, I dunno about that.  GORD by Gerben Wierda for example was
available in '97 (perhaps earlier).  Also, I'm not sure the "I did it
first" claim matters much if no one is using his software.

In any case, the list of guidelines was comprehensive and more or less
complete.