Re: [Asrg] TitanKey and "white lies"... (Faking SMTP hard errors "improves" C/R utility?)

2003-05-29 14:33:10

...Since spamming programs typically respond to a permanent
SMTP error by removing that email address from the list of active
emails, you shouldn't ever receive more than one email from any one
spammer...

Yeah sure and I'm the King of the Gypsies...

Maybe a better way to say that is:

      Since IN THEORY there MIGHT exist a spamming program
      which responds to a permanent SMTP error...

How is a virus-hijacked thrall server going to remove addresses or
even report the error back?

The whole point of virtually all spam is that there's no way back to
the spammer or any of his/her/its computers.

If they were getting negative responses then they could just be
mail-bombed and smurfed to death by enterprising pre-teens and we'd be
done with the spam problem.

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs(_at_)TheWorld(_dot_)com           |
http://www.TheWorld.com
The World              | Public Access Internet     | Since 1989     *oo*