RE: [Asrg] TitanKey and "white lies"... (Faking SMTP hard errors "improves" C/R utility?)

2003-05-29 18:45:54
At 06:27 PM 5/29/2003 -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:

> From: Barry Shein <bzs(_at_)world(_dot_)std(_dot_)com>

> I think we first need to deal with this (I'll assert) fantasy that
> spammers see a 550 or removed an address from their lists because of
> one with any significant frequency.

I tried to dump on the idea that spammers "typically" respond to
a 550 by removing a target address, but it's just as dreamy to
claim that they "typically" don't.
[..]
It would be really swell if people proposing or criticising mechanisms
would pay attention to what they know (e.g. there's a lot of spam),
what they strongly suspect (*some* spammers do or do not remove in
response 550's), and what they wish (*most* spammers do or do not
respond to 550's).

Is there anyone out here that has some info on what spammers actually do with "550" and other error codes?

Yakov