RE: [Asrg] TitanKey and "white lies"... (Faking SMTP hard errors "improves" C/R utility?)

2003-05-30 17:09:01
Good news:

We've been "dogfooding" The Titan Key since around Jan of this year. If
the group is interested, we'd be happy to provide database logs of spam
"attacks" against email addresses that return a 550. I can't guarantee
all the data is "there" but it will at least prove insightful.

I'll wait to see the responses and if positive, I'll post off our Web
site.

Peter Kay
President
TitanKey Software
direct: 808-377-9221.  Web: www.titankey.com
The only technology that stops spam BEFORE it's even sent

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Shein [mailto:bzs(_at_)world(_dot_)std(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 1:03 PM
To: Scott Nelson
Cc: asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: [Asrg] TitanKey and "white lies"... (Faking SMTP
hard errors "improves" C/R utility?)

On May 29, 2003 at 21:14 scott(_at_)spamwolf(_dot_)com (Scott Nelson)
wrote:  > A much simpler way to gather the data IMO, is to
take a few spam
 > traps and have them start rejecting with 5xx.
 > Then count how many RCPT TOs they get compared to other
spam trap  > addresses that had a comparable amount but don't
reject with 5xx.

Ooops, great minds run in the same gutter, sorry for also
suggesting this later on before reading through my backlog.

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs(_at_)TheWorld(_dot_)com           |
http://www.TheWorld.com
Purveyors to the Trade | Voice:
617-739-0202        | Login: 617-739-WRLD
The World              | Public Access Internet     | Since
1989     *oo*