RE: [Asrg] TitanKey and "white lies"... (Faking SMTP hard errors "improves" C/R utility?)

2003-05-31 10:24:17
Peter Kay wrote:
I'll wait to see the responses and if positive,
I'll post off our Web site.
        If you're willing to post the data, I can't imagine why you
would wait. This is a *research* group. *Any* real data is going to be
welcomed by any rational participant -- especially if that data will, as
you suggest: "prove insightful". If you've got data, please post it!

                bob wyman

-----Original Message-----
From: asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [mailto:asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of
Peter Kay
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 8:06 PM
To: Barry Shein; Scott Nelson
Cc: asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: [Asrg] TitanKey and "white lies"... (Faking SMTP hard
errors "improves" C/R utility?)

Good news:

We've been "dogfooding" The Titan Key since around Jan of this year. If
the group is interested, we'd be happy to provide database logs of spam
"attacks" against email addresses that return a 550. I can't guarantee
all the data is "there" but it will at least prove insightful.

I'll wait to see the responses and if positive, I'll post off our Web
site.

Peter Kay
President
TitanKey Software
direct: 808-377-9221.  Web: www.titankey.com
The only technology that stops spam BEFORE it's even sent