Re: [Asrg] Another criteria for "what is spam"...

2003-06-04 15:18:24
On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 08:55:53AM -0700, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
[...]
Fixing on the 'bulk' aspect is only solving the problem from the ISP's point
of view. From the users point of view the fact that the email was sent to
ten or a million other people is irrelevant.

The volume of spam (whatever the definition) is its primary irritation
(I wouldn't care about spam if I only got one nigerian scam a year), and
bulk mailing is the primary cause of that volume.  Hence, "bulk" is
indeed quite relevant to the individual.

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be
Manager of Technical Operations, ICANN      lonesome."