Re: [Asrg] Another criteria for "what is spam"...

2003-06-05 12:21:39

On June 4, 2003 at 20:29 research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com (Yakov
Shafranovich) wrote:
At 07:23 PM 6/4/2003 -0400, Barry Shein wrote:

At this point if we could just get rid of the spamming which is best
characterized by its illegal/gray-area behavior I suspect the problem
would become much more manageable even if not completely solved.
[..]

Would you nevertheless agree that UBE that is not sent using "llegal and/or
ethically questionable methods" would still be considered spam?

But of course, and I'd go further and say that's still a small subset
because create a static-free, approved channel to literally hundreds
of millions of eyeballs and you'll see the "U" in "UBE" stretched like
a yoga convention.

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs(_at_)TheWorld(_dot_)com           |
http://www.TheWorld.com
The World              | Public Access Internet     | Since 1989     *oo*