RE: [Asrg] Another criteria for "what is spam"...

2003-06-04 19:16:15
While I agree w/ you, I think its best to keep the definition short,
black and white.

How's this:

Spam is defined as unsolicited bulk email

Bulk email is defined as the transmission of 2 or more emails via a
primarily automated process.

Unsolicited email is defined as email where the recipient has not
implicitly or explicitly approved of receiving email from the sender.

Sender can mean an individual or an organization.

A recipient implicitly approves of receiving email from a given sender
if the recipient has previously sent email to the sender and the
recipient has not explicitly requested to not receive further email from
the sender.

Peter