Re: [Asrg] Another criteria for "what is spam"...

2003-06-07 15:18:35
On Wednesday, Jun 4, 2003, at 22:39 US/Eastern, Barry Shein wrote:
This is why, without per-message fees, this system is doomed. It's
just a matter of time.

I agree with this too. Of all the options discussed, the only one I see having any chance whatsoever of working is per-message fees, with some method to exempt friends.

Right now we have the situation that usage of resources is unconstrained by cost to the person using them. Can anyone think of a system like that which hasn't collapsed under the weight of abuse?

mathew