RE: [Asrg] Reverse DNS

2003-06-18 14:03:50
From: gep2(_at_)terabites(_dot_)com

There are a number of us advanced/small users with home offices who
presently run our own outgoing SMTP mail server, behind a router using NAT.
Not
all (valid, legitimate!) outgoing SMTP servers have fixed/permanent IP
addresses.

As of this week, Cox in Phoenix (possibly nationwide) is blocking all outgoing
port 25 connections from its DHCP pools. This has caused some consternation
in local discussion groups, but if those users are as advanced as you claim,
they should be able to smarthost through Cox's SMTP servers, or just pay the
extra money for a business connection with a static IP.  I've chosen the latter.