Re: [Asrg] Reverse DNS

2003-06-19 16:09:30

On 18-Jun-2003 Benjamin Geer wrote:
On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 12:56:04PM -0500, gep2(_at_)terabites(_dot_)com wrote:
There are a number of us advanced/small users with home offices who
presently
run our own outgoing SMTP mail server, behind a router using NAT.  Not all
(valid, legitimate!) outgoing SMTP servers have fixed/permanent IP addresses.

If you have dynamic IP addresses, why run your own MTA?  It's no use
for incoming mail, and for outgoing mail you could use your ISP's MTA.

I don't trust my service provider to properly handle
outgoing mail.  I see the countless problem with their
pop server and even basic Internet connectivity.  IMO
they have amply demonstrated that they are not compentent.
Alternatives?  What alternatives?  They are a monopoly.