Re: [Asrg] Introduction and another idea

2003-06-20 08:06:37
On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 09:47:27AM +0100, Benjamin Geer wrote:
On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 07:20:49PM -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:
Unfortunately, I think the vast majority of computer users have absolutely
no idea what HTML is.  As a sysadmin, I've tried to explain it to people,
and their eyes glaze over. ....

Yes, but that cuts both ways.  I bet most users have no clue
how to tell IE or Netscape how to make a word bold or red.
As I test, I just now tried to get Netscape 7.02 on XP to make a word
bold in a mail message.  I cannot find any sign of any way to do such
a thing.

Netscape 7 was written by people like us, who dislike HTML email, so they've

I can tell!  Links in email header lines which used to be clickable in
Netscape 4 no longer are in Netscape 7!  To visit such a URL (for example,
to unsubscribe from a list) one has to view the raw message and cut-and-paste!