RE: [Asrg] Introduction and another idea

2003-06-20 09:34:31
Yakov Shafranovich wrote:
I got messages from the list that were picked up
by SpamAssasin partly because they were HTML based,
particularly some messages from Bob Wyman.
        Well, I am not a spammer... I'll admit that I send HTML more
often than I *need* to. However, it is sometimes necessary and useful.
For instance, the list of spam related patents that I recently sent out
is much more readable as HTML than it would have been had I sent it as
plaintext since the HTML format allows me to hide the URLs that lead to
each patent document. I had, in fact, originally compiled the list as
ASCII but it was such an ugly mess that I went back and did it again in
HTML.
        See:
https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/msg05356.
html

        Sometimes, HTML is very useful... And using HTML rather than
ASCII can be a service to the readers of your mail.

                bob wyman