Re: [Asrg] Spammers looking for sites that don't bounce?

2003-06-25 21:29:39
At 9:10 PM -0600 6/25/03, Vernon Schryver wrote:
 > He says that if he sets up his mail server to blackhole spam instead
 of bounce it, the spammer shortly shifts to a different IP address
 with slightly different text.  He claims they are seeding the spam
 with known bad addresses, and if they don't get back a failed status
 > from the SMTP server, they know that their spam is getting trapped by

As stated, that makes limited sense, because it is based on the
assumption that filters reject spam.  In fact many filters silently

I think you misread what I said. I said that they are specifically looking for NON-rejected messages to fake addresses as a sign that mail is being filtered out without being bounced.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Anti-Spam Service for your POP Account

everyone else's.