Re: [Asrg] Spammers looking for sites that don't bounce?

2003-06-26 14:20:00
Kee Hinckley wrote:

I think you misread what I said. I said that they are specifically looking for NON-rejected messages to fake addresses as a sign that mail is being filtered out without being bounced.

You couldn't prove that by my spamtrap.

It accepts everything, but doesn't forward anything anywhere.

The daily volume is going up very quickly (it's > 2 million/day now).

There are some very stupid dictionary scanners (one day 7+ million probes by an IP in singapore. Next day another few million from another IP in singapore. Rinse, lather and repeat.)