Re: [Asrg] News Article - Microsoft and spam

2003-06-26 09:46:36
At 10:20 AM 6/26/2003 -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:

> From: Yakov Shafranovich <research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com>

> (http://news.com.com/2100-1032_3-1021166.html) discussing the difference
> between Microsoft's actions and words on spam.

> "People will try to exploit free Web mail even to the extent of hiring
> people to go through human interface test ..."

I've been wondering for a long time when someone might say that in public.
[..]

I was wondering about that as well. Would hiring people for go through the human interface test increases the costs for spammers? Does it matter since the cost is so small anyway? What about in a C/R system where a human interface test is used, would spammers actually go ahead and hire people to pass the test from each bounced message?

Yakov