Re: [Asrg] hiring challenge responders

2003-06-26 12:14:39
At 02:43 PM 6/26/2003 -0400, Dave Aronson wrote:

Vernon Schryver <vjs(_at_)calcite(_dot_)rhyolite(_dot_)com> wrote:

 > Let's do some arithmetic.  At $10/hour and 10 seconds per challenge
 > answered or account created, the cost would be about $0.03 address.
 > That sounds a little but not very high to send mail until the
 > challenge whitelist entry is deleted by the spam target.  It sounds
 > low for a valid sender account that can be used for millions of
 > messages for days until the free provider notices enough bounces
 > or receives a complaint and terminates it.

Does anybody have any actual numbers on how good a return spammers get on
their spam, in terms of, say, cents per thousand spams?  I suspect this
will be very hard to measure for spam that works indirectly (like
getting people to go to a URL that does not have an embedded tracking
number), and vastly different per category, but there may be SOME hard
data out there....
[..]

There was a news article a while back somewhere about the Iraq playing cards that were made by some company. It had some financial figures.

Yakov