Re: [Asrg] In case anyone thought Barry was exaggerating

2003-06-27 16:29:46

On June 27, 2003 at 12:11 research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com (Yakov
Shafranovich) wrote:
Telling people to unhook the bell on their phone (boy I must be old to
even think of that) doesn't quite address the latter issue.

Then according to you, how is spam different from a DDOS attack were
thousands of computers start spewing packets? If both problems are similar,

Um, when have you ever seen a DDOS attack with thousands of computers
are spewing packets? Do you have an example?

Also, what service is being denied?

then perhaps we need to look into what methods are currently in place to
block DDOS attacks and we can reuse the same methods here for spam.

Except it's not a DDOS attack, except as a broad-sweeping (and useful)
metaphor.

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs(_at_)TheWorld(_dot_)com           |
http://www.TheWorld.com
The World              | Public Access Internet     | Since 1989     *oo*