Re: [Asrg] Warning people of "intent to send" large quantities of email

2003-07-02 05:04:57
I doubt any kind of legislative action will work. It is too easy to get a provider "off shore" and spam from that provider. I also don't believe for a moment that clearinghouses will work well for a number of reasons. It is just too easy and cheap for me (metaphorically speaking) to move from one service provider to another.

In my mind there are two solutions for the problem. One is to get away from flat rate pricing or make it expensive - you need to change the economics of sending out 1,000,000 emails. The other is to solve the problem at the terminus of the email.

FWIW,
Chuck Wegrzyn

In my mind the only solution for this problem is to handle it at terminus of the email connection.