Re: [Asrg] Nothing will stop spam???

2003-07-08 21:01:18
At 9:14 PM -0600 7/7/03, Selby Hatch wrote:
I view the consent token as a separate entity from the email address.
The consent token would be inserted from some source (address book,
keyboard, token repository, etc.) into a header by the MUA

That's in the case of my sending email to someone else. I'm trying to figure out how a separate consent token fits into the case of my subscribing to this mailing list (for instance).

Yes, unfortunately, unless you have a private domain, changing email addresses requires notifying senders. But, it should not require
giving out new consent tokens. The consent framework should be such

Again, recipient vs. sender issue. I should be fine receiving from people I've agreed to receive from. However what is the process for updating *their* consent to receive from *me*? And how does it work if I don't get the opportunity to notify them until *after* the change. (E.g. just got laid off.)

--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Anti-Spam Service for your POP Account

everyone else's.