Re: [Asrg] Article from WinXPnews on SPAM...

2003-07-09 11:39:58
--On 9. July 2003 07:57 -0400 "C. Wegrzyn" <wegrzyn(_at_)garbagedump(_dot_)com>
wrote:

I thought you might all enjoy this article written in WinXPnews (please no
Microsoft rants)...

*ISP Spam Filtering Services: Blessing or Curse?*

Over the last few weeks, several readers have written about their ISPs'
spam filtering services ? usually with complaints. On more than one
occasion, we've heard that the ISP's software is preventing users from
receiving mail they want to get (including the WinXPnews), along with the
spam they don't want.

Sunbelt spammed their winxpnew and w2knews from 2000 to 2002, and
have been widely blocklisted for their continued abuse.

Their spamvertized 'IHateSpam' is of no use for any clueful user
anyway which would never use Outbreak for obvious security reasons.

See <http://spews.org/html/S471.html> and Google.

Fortunately some people followed the boulder pledge:

<snip>