RE: [Asrg] 2.a.1 Analysis of Actual Spam Data - Titan Key reduces spam attacks

2003-07-31 13:57:47
Is not Microsoft Excel an acceptable "standard"?   For the interchange
of charted info? I can put up a CSV if you want.

  A trend for one user is nice, but it doesn't make a
convincing argument.

I agree, more users would be helpful and we'll gather that too.  Will
the statistician in the room please stand up and tell us what the
minimum number ( to make this a statistically convincing argument )
would be?

Until then, the data presented is not an argument.  It's a fact. The
trend is down on this email address. What other single, normal, email
address that receives similar spam volumes over a similar period of time
can say the same? I'll accept "one" trend counter to this.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan DeKok [mailto:aland(_at_)freeradius(_dot_)org]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 10:38 AM
To: asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [Asrg] 2.a.1 Analysis of Actual Spam Data -
Titan Key reduces spam attacks

"Peter Kay" <peter(_at_)titankey(_dot_)com> wrote:
But the numbers are there for everyone to see.

  ?

that log file is at: http://www.titankey.com/misc/logs/logPK.xls

  If you're going to put an analysis up on the web for other
people to see, it would be preferable to put it up as a web
page, or standard format, so that other people could see it.

The trend is either up, flat, or down. According to the linear
regression trendline, the trend is down. If there is a statistical
definition of "significant" then of course lets apply it.
But if we're
going to apply it then lets also apply this trend against
ANYONE elses
trend that is not using Titan Key.

  Or someone using an email address from another domain.

  A trend for one user is nice, but it doesn't make a
convincing argument.

  Alan DeKok.