RE: [Asrg] 2.a.1 Analysis of Actual Spam Data - Titan Key reduces spam attacks

2003-07-31 13:58:43
On another note, if the group sees value, I'd be happy to facilitate
some additional analysis.

We can start from today and measure forward for as many days as you
desire.  Let the group collaborate on the experiment
definition/control/stats/etc and we'll do our best to set it up on our
part.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan DeKok [mailto:aland(_at_)freeradius(_dot_)org]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 10:38 AM
To: asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [Asrg] 2.a.1 Analysis of Actual Spam Data -
Titan Key reduces spam attacks

"Peter Kay" <peter(_at_)titankey(_dot_)com> wrote:
But the numbers are there for everyone to see.

  ?

that log file is at: http://www.titankey.com/misc/logs/logPK.xls

  If you're going to put an analysis up on the web for other
people to see, it would be preferable to put it up as a web
page, or standard format, so that other people could see it.

The trend is either up, flat, or down. According to the linear
regression trendline, the trend is down. If there is a statistical
definition of "significant" then of course lets apply it.
But if we're
going to apply it then lets also apply this trend against
ANYONE elses
trend that is not using Titan Key.

  Or someone using an email address from another domain.

  A trend for one user is nice, but it doesn't make a
convincing argument.

  Alan DeKok.