Re: [Asrg] SMTP level unsubscribe

2003-08-08 07:43:46
At 1:57 PM +0100 8/8/03, Andrew Akehurst wrote:
Quoting Kee Hinckley <nazgul(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com>:

 At 10:17 AM -0700 8/7/03, Scott Nelson wrote:
 >I propose standardizing an SMTP level error code to mean
 "unsubscribe".
 >I chose "578 5.7.8 Unsubscribe" which would be returned immediately
 >after the RCPT command.  It could be thought of as a "that user
 >does not consent to any further email from you" but I prefer
 > >the single word "unsubscribe".

I'm not quite sure what your objection is. Do you mean that this

Braindeadness on my part. For some reason I thought it was something sent to the bulkmailer, as opposed to a reply to an incoming message. Ignore my message.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Anti-Spam Service for your POP Account

everyone else's.