Re: [Asrg] SMTP level unsubscribe

2003-08-14 01:56:51
Quoting david nicol <davidnicol(_at_)pay2send(_dot_)com>:

I believe that any solution that required the whole world
to play along for the solution to work is fundamentally flawed.

That seems quite reasonable.

I think that the 400 and 500 error codes are sufficient,
and there is no need to broadcast your reception preferences.

Broadcasting preferences involves a lot of synchronisation effort and a lot of
data, I doubt many people would advocate that. However transmitting a consent
policy to one or two systems such as the MTA(s) of your ISP might make some
difference as it could help to enforce the policy further "upstream" from the
receiver. It's a possibility.

The pay2send.com system currently uses a form on a web page for
describing the list of what messages to accept.

Please take a moment to test it?

I've signed up for the system and I'll decide what I think.

Andrew