RE: [Asrg] 2.a.1 Analysis of Actual Spam Data - Experimental Desi gn

2003-08-18 14:33:11
 Just an FYI - My ENTIRE mail volume dropped from an average of 50M a
month  to 20M a month, with the same percentage being blocked at the
content  filters, after implementing address checking (550 given) at
the connection.

      Keep in mind that there are those of us who simply refuse to
communicate with anyone that uses a C-R type system.

 It is not C-R. You give me a RCPT TO: the RCPT TO: is checked against my
address database. If it is good I say OK. If it is bad I say 550 No such
user. If you don't want to communicate with be because of that... I am
sorry- I guess we will never get your mail.
 But I have NEVER had a single, not one solitary complaint in the entire
year we have been doing this.
I think that it is VERY interesting that 40% of my volume just up and left
me alone after I started doing it however.

      So, what's your loss in legitimate volume?  Do you know how many
people might have had real e-mail to send you, but decided not to
bother?

  I think that you just misunderstood how I am doing verifications.
Hopefully I explained it better above. I apologize for the confusion.

Brad Knowles, <brad(_dot_)knowles(_at_)skynet(_dot_)be>

deserve neither liberty nor safety."

GCS/IT d+(-) s:+(++)>: a C++(+++)$ UMBSHI++++$ P+>++ L+ !E-(---) W+++(--) N+
!w--- O- M++ V PS++(+++) PE- Y+(++) PGP>+++ t+(+++) 5++(+++) X++(+++)
R+(+++)
tv+z(+++)

*****
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
computers."