Re: [Asrg] 7. BCP - Consent and SoBig

2003-08-24 06:14:16
At 10:57 PM -0500 8/23/03, gep2(_at_)terabites(_dot_)com wrote:
Most of them are probably used to getting image or text attachments, or WAV
files maybe, and never dream that these are executable program (or probably even
how to tell the difference).

I think you have it in the last statement. .doc, .xls, .whatever. They don't know the difference. They don't know what is "executable" and what is, and many probably aren't clear on the difference in any case. All they know for sure is that when they click a file, something is opened. That's not a bad thing--that's what it's supposed to do. Unfortunately it means that the system needs to do a better job of protecting them.

--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Anti-Spam Service for your POP Account

everyone else's.