[Asrg] Federal Judge shoots down Do Not Call

2003-09-24 11:54:27
(Sorry, couldn't figure out what category that went under.)

NEWS ALERT
from The Wall Street Journal

Sept. 24, 2003

A judge ruled that the Federal Trade Commission overstepped its authority in creating a national, telemarketing do-not-call list. The ruling, by a federal court in Oklahoma, came in a lawsuit brought by telemarketers who challenged the registry, which comprises people who do not want to receive calls. The immediate impact of the ruling wasn't clear. The list was to go into effect Oct. 1.

For more information, see:
http://online.wsj.com/article/0,,SB106441898488092700,00.html (password needed)
http://money.cnn.com/2003/09/24/technology/ftc_donotcall/index.htm?cnn=yes

--