RE: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - Legal - Subject labelling (?)

2003-11-26 18:29:27
It shouldn't be too difficult to find out. Look at my email address.
I am the Principal Scientist.

Phill I didnt see that. sorry (I have to click on properties to get at it)

No wonder you are following your line

Verisign/Microsoft has a lot of vested interest in this field

I am led to believe a lot of effort was spent on creating a "certificate"
system for e-mail

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org]On Behalf Of
Hallam-Baker, Phillip
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2003 11:01 AM
To: 'Chris'; Hallam-Baker, Phillip; esr(_at_)thyrsus(_dot_)com
Cc: 'Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine'; Jon Kyme; ASRG
Subject: RE: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - Legal - Subject labelling (?)

What would make the scheme more robust is being able to identify the
transactional and permission based message empirically. So
a spam filter
knows to expect that they will come from a small number of senders
authorized for that express purpose.

          Phill

Can I enquire as to whom you work for, you seem to have a
purpose in your comments

              Phill