Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - Legal - Subject labelling (?)

2003-11-29 22:07:26
On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 10:50:12AM +1030, Chris wrote

this is one of the major problems with IP blacklists they are counter
productive and damage all they touch

an example I was doing a programming job for a university. they
stopped emailing me. when I looked harder I found they were being
blocked by an IP blacklist.  that was only last week!

the first thing that must be agreed on is that spam is not spam
to everyone

once that is accepted as the truth then we can move on to better
control systems

  *PLEASE* show us a "better control system", and watch the world beat a
path to your door.  DNSbls are not perfect, but so far they're the best
weapon available.  Unless everybody runs their own server, or gets to
configure their own filters (possible on modified qmail systems like my
ISP has) it will have to be done on an ISP-wide basis.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes(_at_)waltdnes(_dot_)org>
Email users are divided into two classes;