Re: RE: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - Legal - Subject labelling (?)

2003-11-29 02:59:36
I think we should probably say that we don't recommend a spam labelling
standard.  I'd rather concentrate on NO UCE and labelling for MTAs that
don't accept spam.

What does this mean? I have users who wish to receive commercial email that
they haven't explicitly solicited. Does this mean I should have UCE PLEASE
in my banners? I have other users who are more normal, so should I have NO
UCE (FOR THE MOST PART) in my banners? Or what? This proposition is
contrary to the recipient-consent basis that this group is chartered on.
I'm very surprised that it should be proffered by one of the co-chairs.

Regards,
JK