RE: [Asrg] Re: 6. Proposals - Pull System (revisited)

2003-11-29 21:59:21

that users who are provided with a [Delete spam] button will begin to
treat it as a "quick unsubscribe" and cast a spam vote for all sorts of
things, e.g. just because they've changed their mind about receiving it.

I agree.

blacklists (scattergun aproach) tend to run at the whim of the blacklist
owner and the people who submit reports to them.

If the owner cracks a wally with you for some reason or if an idiot sharing
your server leaves an open formmail script that a spammer manages to find.
then that can cause irrepairable damage (as they do now).

Then they hide behind the "We don't enforce these lists. just provide a
public service" argument

sorry if I offend any one here who may run a blacklist.

Regards
Chris