RE: [Asrg] Re: 6. Proposals - Pull System (revisited)

2003-11-29 17:50:30
"For most working discussions, the term "Unsolicited Bulk Email" is
sufficient."

Sorry Yakov I must disagree

taken from...

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-spam-techconsider-02.txt

Called spam, its definition varies from
     "unsolicited commercial email" to "any email the
     recipient does not want".

My point is, and I keep having to repeat this.

"One man spams is another mans fodder"

If any in this group thinks they can define spam then I am afraid they are
mistaken
other than to say it is indefinable which is *exactly* what the document
states

We cannot and should not be looking for ways to force any persons (or
groups) definition of spam onto any one else

We should be looking for ways to empower the recipient to decide for
themselves (or parents) what to receive and what not to receive.

It is not the job of the transport system to do this. and NEVER should be.

Regards
Chris