Re: [Asrg] Re: 6. Proposals: LMTP vs. rDNS / Reverse MX [RMX] proposals

2003-11-29 08:52:19
"Tomi Panula-Ontto" <tomi(_at_)panula-ont(_dot_)to> wrote:> Well, I'll give an
example: client operates in more than 20 countries, has
travelling salesmen and agents in many countries. Yet, they all use same
email domain and everyone uses their current ISP to send out messages.
From my point of view; outgoing MTA can be any server in the world.
How could I know I should temporarily add record for MTA of some
ISP the hotel is using ?

  Please read the LMAP discussion paper.  It addresses this issue.

  I'll turn your question on it's head: why is it the problem of the
recipient to do the work to tell your travelling salesmen from
spammers who are abusing your name?

  My answer is that it's not.  I'll just toss all of the forged
messages into the garbage, and your travelling salesmen will never get
my business.  That's fine by me, as I'd rather work with people who
don't abuse the network.

  As Hadmut said in his rants in the RMX paper: People have to realize
that if they want to stop forgery (for spam), they must stop their own
forgery.

  Alan DeKok.