Re: [Asrg] Re: 6. Proposals: LMTP vs. rDNS / Reverse MX [RMX] proposals

2003-11-29 12:25:23
"Tomi Panula-Ontto" <tomi(_at_)panula-ont(_dot_)to> wrote:
Good point. I agree that forgery is a big problem - but what can
we do about it as long as we have current infrastructure?

  Quite a bit.

Anyway, LMAP seems to suggest major changes to MTA

  Huh?  Why?  It involves no changes to the sending MTA, and only
minor changes to the receiving MTA.

which will lead to major resistance in adopting organizations.

  There's already major resistance to the idea of doing *anything* to
change the way SMTP is implemented or deployed.

  Alan DeKok.