Re: [Asrg] Re: 6. Proposals: LMTP proposals

2003-11-30 16:57:17
Matthew Elvey wrote:
I just thought of another possible problem with LMAP. If a spammer using direct-to-MX spamware sends email to me, from me, (as I'd bet they regularly do) it may not be caught by LMAP.

LMAP is supposed to be checking the IP of the connected client against DNS. Unless they can forge a TCP connection with the MTA without seeing any of the traffic, they can't pull that off with LMAP going. Now, if they were actually fastmail.fm users, that would be another story. In particular, I think dealing with that falls under the umbrella of 'local policy'.

Philip Miller