Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - DNS + PKI - Yahoo's "Domain Keys"

2003-12-08 10:36:30
It's not clear to me what Yahoo is proposing since the descriptions I have read don't make much sense. But the first question I have with any signature proposal is "what does the signature attest to?" The signature might attest to the fact that the sender is legitimately sending from a particular address. Or the signature might make no assertion about the address but only that the message originates from a particular key holder. Or the signature might attest to the fact that the message originates from a particular mail operator who has a certain antispam policy.

Mark