Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - DNS + PKI - Yahoo's "Domain Keys"

2003-12-08 13:38:23
Alan DeKok wrote:

Mark Baugher <mbaugher(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> wrote:

It's not clear to me what Yahoo is proposing since the descriptions I have read don't make much sense. But the first question I have with any signature proposal is "what does the signature attest to?"

  The signature is most likely done on a hash of the message body
and/or some headers from the envelope.

  What it *means* is another question entirely.

The signature attests to the fact that the domain name or server from which the message originated, is not forged.

Yakov
-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"And this too shall come to pass"
-------