Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - DNS + PKI - Yahoo's "Domain Keys"

2003-12-09 03:07:21

Therefore, this proposal would give immidaete benefit for those sites
that utilize it, by reducing "joe jobs" forging that domain, and it will
not require the entire Internet to adopt it on the sender's end unless
they want to use it. This is similar to LMAP in that respect, but does
present more overhead.

It smells of magical belief to me. Just sprinkle on some public key fairy
dust and the problem just shrivels up. Ho hum. I can't really see what such
a scheme would offer which something like SPF/LMAP wouldn't.

I believe this is a "run it up the flagpole and see who salutes" kind of
experiment. I guess that people plant these stories so that they can (a)
see what happens to stock prices and (b) count the cheers vs. jeers.