[Asrg] Re: Why SPAM is worse in SMTP than in other protocols

2003-12-23 11:02:34
That said, we already know the key flaws in the current MTS. Weak
"trust" model, lack of "authentication", lack of means for
distributing and enforcing recipient policy. ...

The real reason there's e-mail spam is that e-mail by its nature the
costs are mostly borne by the recipient.  Everything else flows from
that.  There's no way to fix that without a top to bottom redesign and
maybe not even then.  (By fix I mean move the actual location of the
costs, not layering on an e-postage scheme that's supposed to
artificially compensate recipients and charge senders.)

is this ASRG policy now ?
:-)